.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Swatch arrival

My fabric swatches arrived today for my organic bags I plan to display at the Design Festa. At first I thought I would just choose some fabric myself and order a yard of each to make samples to be used at the Design Festa, but then I changed my mind. I thought it would be best if I consulted a few females about which fabric swatches they would like to see as a bag and with what prints (Which I am currently in the process of making). Since I will be selling organic bags I want to have a 'natural theme' and will use Australain trees, flowers and perhaps animals for my 'story' of bags.

I plan to only have one 'line' this time around. Last year I made bags from recycled and polyesters fabrics. It was a bit of a mix, but I wanted to show people what I could do and what could be done with recycled materials. I don't think Japan is ready for recycled fabrics yet. I feel organic may be more succesful if I can pitch it in the right way.

In addition to that, I will only be making say, 10-15 of each bag design and print. That way they will still be special. I have in mind of having only 3 or 4 designs in total. Keeping any work reasonable for one person to complete. The final bags will not be posted on my blog until the day or perhaps the day after the Design Festa. I am keeping that a secret.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?