.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Design Festa

Last week I signed up for a booth for the Design Festa on December 2! I'm very excited about participating again. It's not about how much I sell, but what I learn from the customers and retailers. I'm taking what I learnt from the Design Festa in May 06 and applying it this time round.

I have also ordered the organic fabrics I will be using. I am expecting them in the next couple of days. At first, I was just going to order fabric that I liked (big mistake!). After remembering what was in Kathleen's book I consulted friends (who have taste) about which fabrics they liked, as well as bag design. All of them picked the same fabric, so that's what I ordered.

When the fabric arrives I will make one bag and once again show friends to find out what they think before I begin making samples for the Design Festa. I am also considering of taking the bag around to a few shops in an attempt to get some sales and feedback.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments:
That is what I don't do enough of, get advice from friends. Here I am thinking my stuff is okay, then I think it isn't, then I am just confused. Good luck with the bags, I would love to see some photos of the fabric!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?