.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 06, 2006

Creativity

I haven't been making so many blog entries recently because I have been busy with work and been feeling kinda up and down about where this whole TOTE thing is going.

This industry is tough (no news there) and even if you get a big break it doesn't mean you've made it, it just means you've skipped a few stepping stones and it's up to you to stay fresh.

Okay. I love sewing and making things, don't get me wrong. This week my friend Shell has offfered to give me sewing lessons which I am totally wrapped about. I have even been to the shops to begin my 'homework' too!

I was feeling that my creative juices had stopped. In addition to that I have been trying to email some manufactures about a few things (to remain a secret) and have so far had no replies. I guess I am going to have to make a few phone calls to the U.S.A instead.

So I went to the Design Festa website to see if my work has been posted. Upon seeing my own work I was re-motivated to get things moving again and immediately began making a piece of moving art on a t-shirt. I was very happy with the outcome and I am considering applying the design to a bag with a bit of twist.

It's too late to take a photo of the shirt and post it here now, so I'll do it another day.

Comments:
hey, well done with the Design Fiesta. I would love to see the images on their website. Making bags is hard work! Makes you feel like it is sweat shop heaven. What kind of machine do you use?
 
Hey thanks for the comment on the blog. The website was $38 (2 years) and the webhosting was $155 (1 year) and then my boyfriend and I worked on it. He did a little bit of the programing and I did the design.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?