.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Shades of Grey, Blacks and Browns


I have a bone to pick with Australian designers who design for men....and a tip. Maybe this will get me into trouble, or come back to haunt me in the future.

It all began when I was reading an Australian blog and clicked on the link which took me to an Australian label that I was unfamilar with. Curious to see what they had, I clicked through to see what their latest collections had to offer. Sadly I was disapointed to see the same old dark colours being used and those damn striped shirts! I am so over those! There was nothing that made me say 'yes, I want to buy something from this collection' rather it was 'yes, I've had enough already!'

Come on people, do something new and add some colour! I realise the collection reflects consumer demand and taste. And it is men's fashion, so it can't be made to look to 'gay' because no-one is going to buy it. But it can be done. As I have said before, try and get a high profile sportsman to wear your innovative gear. Men need to be taught that it is okay to wear certain clothes and colours and to have a different look.

Okay, that's enough from me!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?